The sunshine is out and summertime is just around the corner!
There is nothing better than fresh cold watermelon on a hot day. May to August is peak watermelon season so it is best we take advantage. Here is one of my favorite ways to utilize watermelon and is also a simple and easy recipe to spice up any summer BBQ.
Watermelon Feta Salad
- 1 watermelon, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 red onion, small dice
- ½ Bunch of fresh basil, minced
- ¼ bunch of fresh mint, minced
- 1 Cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1-2 Cups of balsamic vinaigrette (use your favorite store bought or make your own)
Combine all ingredients and toss lightly. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. The longer it sits and marinates the more flavor!