Because we care. Because we take our responsibilities seriously.
Because our residents are family… We are working continuously to sustain a COVID-safe environment. We are complying with the latest recommendations and requirements issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our local Department of Health. Read further below on our safety measures we are taking now; subject to change pursuant to latest guidelines.
- We monitor team members for fever and symptoms of illness.
- A team member who exhibits symptoms leaves our community immediately and resumes working on-premises only when all CDC return-to-work guidelines are met.
- Team members wear masks and practice social distancing if needed.
- Team members are equipped with personal protective equipment (PPE), such as protective face shields, N95 or surgical masks, isolation gowns, and gloves if needed.
- Team members wash hands and use hand sanitizer routinely throughout their shift.
- Residents wear masks when needed.
- We remind residents to wash and sanitize their hands throughout the day and give assistance, if needed.
- Our residents have eagerly received the COVID vaccinations and boosters. All rounds of COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters are required for new residents to move-in.
- All visitors will be screened upon entry to the community. We will ask any visitor with signs or symptoms of COVID-19 to postpone their visit.
- Visiting hours are from 8am-8pm, seven days a week.
- Indoor and outdoor dining are available by reservation for all visitors. Please contact our concierge at (626) 355-5700 for reservations.
- Compassionate care and end of life visits will continue to follow community protocols and the latest CDC guidance. This includes visitors that are not fully vaccinated who will be required to wear additional personal protective equipment.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- We stock and regularly monitor an inventory of protective masks, face shields, gloves and gowns for use by team members and residents.
- We use CDC-approved disinfectants, including Clorox 360, throughout our community, in high-traffic areas and in resident apartments.
- We use Proctor and Gamble cleaning products that have been deemed effective against COVID-19.
We are here to help. Please contact us today if you have more questions about The Kensington’s safety measures and our promise to keep loved ones safe.