Because we care. Because we take our responsibilities seriously.
Because our residents are family… We are working continually to sustain a COVID-safe environment. We are complying with the latest recommendations and requirements issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our local Department of Health. Read further below on our safety measures we are taking now; subject to change pursuant to latest guidelines.
- We monitor team members for fever and symptoms of illness.
- A team member who exhibits symptoms leaves our community immediately and resumes working on-premises only when all CDC return-to-work guidelines are met.
- Team members wear masks and practice social distancing.
- Team members are equipped with personal protective equipment (PPE), such as protective face shields, N95 or surgical masks, isolation gowns, and gloves.
- Team members wash hands and use hand sanitizer routinely throughout their shift.
- Residents practice social distancing protocols when engaging in life enrichment activities.
- Residents wear masks when appropriate.
- We remind residents to wash and sanitize their hands throughout the day and give assistance, if needed.
- Our residents have eagerly received the COVID vaccinations and boosters. All rounds of COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters are required for new residents to move-in.
- All visitors will be screened upon entry to the community. We will ask any visitor with signs or symptoms of COVID-19 to postpone their visit.
- Fully vaccinated visitors will be permitted to visit either indoors in the suites or outside in our courtyards and in common spaces, masked.
- Fully vaccinated visitors must wear a mask for the entirety of their visit and maintain social distance from team members, visitors, and other residents while inside the community. We recommend KN95 masks when visiting.
- Visiting hours are from 8am-8pm, seven days a week.
- Outdoor dining will be by reservation for all visitors who are fully vaccinated. Please contact our concierge at (626) 355-5700 for reservations.
- Compassionate care and end of life visits will continue to follow community protocols and the latest CDC guidance. This includes visitors that are not fully vaccinated who will be required to wear additional personal protective equipment.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- All team members and residents, who are able, wear protective masks.
- We stock and regularly monitor an inventory of protective masks, face shields, gloves and gowns for use by team members and residents.
- We use CDC-approved disinfectants, including Clorox 360, throughout our community, in high-traffic areas and in resident apartments.
- We use Proctor and Gamble cleaning products that have been deemed effective against COVID-19.
- We partner with a move management company that upholds infection control policies and procedures that are comparable to ours.
We are here to help. Please contact us today if you have more questions about The Kensington’s safety measures and our promise to keep loved ones safe.