They say that everything you desire in life lies just outside your comfort zone, and psychologists agree. When you push yourself outside of your comfort zone, a renewed vigor naturally occurs. Here are 5 ways to help you take that first step.
- Make changes to your daily routine. Skip checking your phone when you first wake up, or the same old lunch you have every day. Mixing it up a bit ultimately leads to breaking you out of your old routines.
- Be open to new people. Change up your circle. Make a new friend. And if this person is a risk-taker – even better!
- Write down your goal. Really take the time to think about what you want to achieve by stepping outside of your comfort zone. Then write it down and remind yourself of why every single day.
- Learn to live a little! In other words, don’t take yourself too seriously. Learn to laugh at yourself when you make mistakes. Recognize that is the best way to learn.
- Take baby steps! Realize that change takes time. While we are conditioned to want everything now, the tortoise wins the raise not that hare.. isn’t that how the saying goes?