The power of a smile can be pure magic. Smiling conveys feelings of hope, positivity, and joy. It helps you live longer, reduce stress, elevate your mood, boosts your immune system, and not to mention… is contagious!
Here is a list of our Top 5 Reasons to SMILE every day! 🙂
- Smiling relieves stress. Smiling increases mood-enhancing hormones such as serotonin and dopamine; and decreases negative hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline.
- Smiling can also boost your overall health by helping your immune system to function more effectively. It is thought that when you smile, immune function improves because you are more relaxed; therefore strengthening your immune system.
- Smiling makes you more attractive. When you smile, people are more apt to make eye contact, feel more drawn to your energy, and look good in the eyes of others.
- Smiling reduces pain. According to Harvard Medical School’s Harvard Health Publishing, optimism—which is linked to smiling—is associated with a lower risk of early death from cancer and infection. It’s a natural drug.
- Smiling is contagious. As the song goes, “When you’re smiling, the whole world smiles with you”. And it’s true!