This recipe reminds me of when my mom prepared it for us and having good memories of high school. In between classes, my classmates and I went to the school entrance to play flipping coin with the “kibero” who the guy was selling kibis. If we won, the kibis were free but if we lost we had to pay for them.
- 1 lb. of ground meat
- 1 red onion
- 25 oz. toasted split wheat
- 10 or 15 pieces of mint leaf
- 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 1 Chile Habanero
- 2 Bay Leaf
- In a bowl put toasted split wheat and cover with water and let it soak for 1 hour.
- Finely chop ½ of the onion and add mint leaf
- In a separated bowl mix all ingredients with ground meat, add salt and pepper
- Make small patties
- Fry patties in a pan with vegetable oil until they are brown in both sides
- Chop the other ½ onion and add lemon juice in small coup, add salt and bay leaf and toasted Habanero Chile. Put the patties on a plate with paper towel to absorb the oil.
- Serve them with the chopped onions and enjoy.