The holiday season is in full swing at The Kensington Sierra Madre, and we are so excited for all of our seasonal food favorites! This traditional, sweet and savory spinach salad is one of our most popular items during the holidays, and the perfect addition to any gathering with friends and family.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Serving Size: 4-6 people
- 1lb fresh spinach
- 1/2 thick cut bacon
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Cook bacon and chop into small pieces. Add back into pan and cook alongside the mushrooms until soft.
- Prepare the hard boiled eggs.
- Put the spinach in a large bowl and toss with bacon and mushroom mix, pistachios, pomegranate seeds, eggs and crumbled feta (optional).
- Mix gently and add the dressing before serving. Enjoy!
- Whisk the dijon mustard, white wine vinegar and water until combined. Chill until ready to serve.