Interested in joining The Kensington Family?
Why The Kensington Sierra Madre? Because “We Promise to Care and Love You Just As We Do Our Own Family!” Become part of a community that’s driven by its unique core values: a Love for Seniors, Respect for Each Other, Passion for Excellence, and a Spirit to Serve. Partner with us to find your path, grow your purpose, and expect the unexpected: deeper connections, better opportunities, and a stronger sense of belonging.
The Porter is responsible for providing support to housekeepers with trash removal, and distribution of supplies and carries out heavy cleaning projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries out special project cleaning as assigned including but not limited to carpet shampooing, floor scrubbing, wall washing, furniture touch up and cleaning, upholstery cleaning, and power washing of sidewalks and parking areas.
- Participate in bi-annual deep cleaning of resident suites including but not limited to cleaning under and behind furniture, cleaning of blinds, carpet cleaning, spot cleaning of walls, and cleaning of closet areas.
- Complete work request for items that require repair in resident suites and common areas.
- Cleans common areas as assigned including corridors, restrooms, offices, break rooms, lounges and storage areas.
- Maintains equipment and work areas in organized, clean, and like new condition.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of California.
- Experience in a similar position is preferred.