TheKensingtonSM The Kensington Sierra Madre
The Laundry Attendant is responsible for washing and drying laundry, including residents’ personal garments, residents’ linens, community linens, and other laundry in a manner that will not damage either machines or contents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Launders resident personal linens and garments in accordance with care instructions. Ensures that all items are returned to residents the same day they are received.
2. Processes dining services tablecloths, napkins, and rags on a daily basis.
3. Operates electric hand iron and gas fired ironing machine to finish dining room tablecloths, napkins, table skirts, resident laundry, etc.
4. Sorts garments and contaminated linens, pre-rinses, treats and bleaches as necessary.
5. Properly operates and cares for laundry equipment, maintains clean laundry work area and equipment, and reports equipment malfunctions to the Director of Environmental Services.
6. Coordinates transportation, tracking, and recovery of garments, linen, and other items (i.e. draperies, slip covers, etc.) that are sent to outside laundries or dry cleaners.
7. Maintains the inventory of community linens and related laundry supplies.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned or as may be required to meet emergency or unusual situations.
- Participates in training and other professional development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of basic operations of laundry equipment and chemical use.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Experience in similar position is preferable.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
5. Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
6. Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
7. Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand for extended periods of time and walk short and long distances.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 40 pounds.
- Must be able to push 200 lbs. on a cart with casters
- Requires significant amount of bending at the waist.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the team member occupying this position.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.