Apply to Join Our Team Below
Why The Kensington Sierra Madre? Because “We Promise to Care and Love You Just As We Do Our Own Family!” Become part of a community that’s driven by its unique core values: a Love for Seniors, Respect for Each Other, Passion for Excellence, and a Spirit to Serve. Partner with us to find your path, grow your purpose, and expect the unexpected: deeper connections, better opportunities, and a stronger sense of belonging.
The Housekeeper is responsible for cleaning assigned resident suites and common areas.
Availability: Full Time & Part Time Positions
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans resident suites as assigned and according to prescribed standards and guidelines. Weekly cleaning of resident suites include but are not limited to cleaning and disinfecting of all bath room fixtures, tile walls, and floors, dusting/ cleaning of all flat surfaces, vacuuming of carpets, and changing of bed linens.
- Participate in bi-annual deep cleaning of resident suites including but not limited to cleaning under and behind furniture, cleaning of blinds, carpet cleaning, spot cleaning of walls, and cleaning of closet areas.
- Complete work request for items that require repair in resident suites and common areas.
- Cleans common areas as assigned including corridors, restrooms, offices, break rooms, lounges and storage areas.
- Sets up supply cart at the end of the work shift so that it is ready for use the next day.
- Maintains equipment and work areas in organized, clean, and like new condition.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
- Must be able to communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Experience in a similar position is preferred.
- Knowledge of how to use common cleaning chemicals and equipment
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.