Apply to Join Our Kensington Family Below
Why The Kensington Sierra Madre? Because “We Promise to Care and Love You Just As We Do Our Own Family!” Become part of a community that’s driven by its unique core values: a Love for Seniors, Respect for Each Other, Passion for Excellence, and a Spirit to Serve. Partner with us to find your path, grow your purpose, and expect the unexpected: deeper connections, better opportunities, and a stronger sense of belonging.
Salary: starting at $16.25/hr + full benefits
Schedule: 7am-3:30pm Sunday-Tuesday & 2pm-10pm Wednesday & Thursday
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans kitchen and dining service area floors, hard surfaces, storage areas, fixtures, and equipment in accordance with all daily and weekly cleaning schedules.
- Prepares china, glass, silver, utensils, pots and pans, and equipment for cleaning by rinsing and pre-soaking as appropriate.
- Operates dishwashing equipment and 3-compartment sinks to properly clean and sanitize china, glass, silver, utensils, pots and pans, and equipment components.
- Tests dishwashing equipment and 3- compartment sinks for proper operating temperature and levels of sanitizer in accordance with safe food handling guidelines.
- Transports and stores clean small wares to their proper storage place.
- Disposes of all wet garbage, trash, and cardboard boxes throughout the work shift in order to maintain a clean, uncluttered and safe work environment.
- Assists with proper storage of all food and supply deliveries and break down and removal of resulting trash.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- High School education or GED preferred, but not required
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings, rotating shifts, and occasional overtime.
- Certified in safe food handling.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
Kensington Senior Living requires our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to receive a booster dose on or before their first date of employment. Fully vaccinated means that at least two weeks has passed since an individual received the final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief, unless it would impose an undue hardship or pose a direct threat of substantial harm to the employee or others.