The Server team member is responsible for assisting with the set-up of the Assisted Living dining areas and the serving meals to Assisted Living residents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes set up of the dining areas in preparation for meal periods and events including setting of tables, stocking supplies in side stands, ensuring condiments are refreshed, and carpets and furniture are clean and neatly arranged.
- Attends taste panel meetings daily with culinary staff to be briefed on descriptions of menu items and sample specials and new menu items.
- Greets residents and visitors as they are seated, provides menus, and explains any “specials” that are available.
- Takes beverage and food orders from residents and visitors and communicates them to the culinary staff. Ensures that dietary restrictions of each resident are adhered to.
- Delivers food and beverages accurately to each table. Monitors beverages and refreshes them as needed throughout the meal. Ensures that the pace of the dining experience meets the needs of the diners- not too slow or rushed.
- Stops back at tables during the meal to ensure that any additional diner needs are addressed.
- Clears dishes, glassware, and silverware as needed, transports them to the dish room, scrapes plates, and places them in designated spaces in preparation for washing.
- Communicates feedback from diners to the Dining Room Coordinator and the culinary staff.
- Assists Dining Room Coordinator with any assignments or work requests throughout the meal period. Gains approval from Dining Room Coordinator before leaving the floor.
- Participates in other professional development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of proper food service techniques.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- One (1) year of experience in a similar position, with preferable retirement living or home-care background is desirable.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Trained in safe food handling techniques and sanitation.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand and walk short and long distances for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25 pounds.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.