Apply to Join Our Kensington Family Below
Why The Kensington Sierra Madre? Because Our Promise is to love and care for your family as we do our own…and this extends to our team members too!
Become part of a community that’s driven by its unique core values: a Love for Seniors, Respect for Each Other, Passion for Excellence, and a Spirit to Serve. Partner with us to find your path, grow your purpose, and expect the unexpected: deeper connections, better opportunities, and a stronger sense of belonging.
Schedule: Full-Time, Sunday-Thursday from 9am-5:30pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in the planning, development, and implementation of activities which are specifically designed enrich the lives of the Assisted Living residents. Assists with development of the monthly calendars.
2. Leads one on one and small, medium, and large group activities. Prepares rooms, equipment, supplies prior to each activity and cleans up after each activity. Encourages resident and family participation in activities. Transports residents to and from activities as needed.
3. Assists with documentation such as daily attendance records, maintaining history of monthly activities calendars, precautions list, and transportation logs.
4. Assists with media correspondence, mailings, newsletters, bulletin boards and displays. Coordinates the preparation of monthly bulletin boards and seasonal decorations.
5. Assists the Assissted Living Activities Coordinator in evaluating a) effectiveness of activities programs, b) individual needs, and c) participation levels of each resident.
6. Attends training courses and participate in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill:
1. Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
2. Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
3. Strong time management and organizational skills.
4. Must have excellent computer skills, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management System.
1. Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
2. Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
3. Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
4. Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
5. Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
6. Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
7. Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of California.
8. Experience in a similar position in retirement living, nursing homes, or adult day care is preferred.
9. High school diploma is required.
10. Must have and maintain a valid driver license
Mental and Physical Requirements:
1. Requires ability to stand and walk short and long distances for extended periods of time.
2. Requires sitting, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms above, below, and at shoulder length.
3. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
4. The team member frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Must be able to push a minimum of 200 pounds and be able to push such weight a minimum distance of 200 feet.
5. May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during an emergency.
6. Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.